A Career with Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Professional Realty
We have a mantra at Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Professional Realty: "Before there can be an US, there has to be a YOU." It stems from the belief that In order for a real estate brokerage to succeed and grow, the agents who work for the brokerage have to succeed and grow first. This is our guiding principle and the force that drives our family of companies.
Be Your Own Boss, We're Your Support Team
One of the reasons you're in the real estate business is to be your own boss, control your own career path, and to have earnings potential that isn't dependent on a stingy CEO or frugal corporate bean counter. Unlike many other self employed career fields, being an independent real estate sales contractor comes with a support system ...the brokerage. Who, after all, couldn't benefit from a little help and support? Are you getting the support you need from your broker?
As in any relationship, the support that is provided to you can have a huge impact on everything from your happiness with your career to the success you experience. In fact, that support can be the difference between you achieving your career goals or not.
We're Agent-Centric so you can be Consumer-Centric
Believe it or not, some brokerages still operate under the old school business model that business decisions should be made based on what is best for the broker, not the agents. Not us. We're all about you so that you can be all about your clients. How do we do that? By making your job easier for you to do, and by providing you with the tools, services & products that free up your time and help to reduce the costs of owning your own business.
You Have Our Ear, How Can We Satisfy Your Needs?
If you're new to the real estate business, you probably have little idea of what to expect from your brokerage. Even if you're a seasoned pro, you might not be familiar with what services other brokerages provide to their agents. The commission split is probably at the top of your list, but there are some other things you may want to consider, such as:
- Office Environment – is it team-oriented & friendly, helpful, how many agents belong to the office, what's the vibe & energy level
- Education & Training – on-site, online, is there a fee, topics, individual
- Having the latest tools & technologies – what products, is there a charge, mandatory or not
- An attentive and available manager, staff, & ownership – is there a manager on site, what assistance does the staff supply, are there full time staff available to assist you?
- Help with tasks - administrative & marketing
- Having a voice and being heard – if there is an issue how will it be resolved & who will handle it
- Size of the company - small local co., regional co., internationally recognized franchise, or large corp.
- A company that is open to ideas & suggestions – are the staff, mgt., ownership open to ideas/suggestions
- A company that will help you grow your business by generating leads – what brokerage provided business opportunities are there...internet leads, relocation, floor time, etc.
- Flexibility - supports you in your availability and has the resources to assist you in other areas of the business, like commercial real estate practice or property management
- Costs of running your business –Board dues, MLS fees, E&O insurance, brokerage fees, such as a desk or tech fee, etc. What will these run you each month?
Think about it. What does an ideal day or week of your real estate career look like and how could the answers to the items above shape the way you do business? Even if you plan on working mainly from your home office, there will be times when you need some assistance. Are you able to get that assistance easily from your brokerage? Being able to determine what you need from your brokerage is one of the first and most important steps you will take in making sure you set yourself up to succeed in real estate.
Your Success is Our Success
If you're a newly licensed agent, or an experienced agent that needs a boost, we have a training program, Passport to Success, designed to prop you up and get you started on the road to a successful real estate career. All you need is the drive and determination and we will provide you with the training, coaching, and resources to kick start your career. The Passport to Success covers everything you need to do as a new agent, from joining the local board to getting your personal branding in place, to plotting out the training you will receive. It's just one feature of the generous value package that we offer.
Highlights of our Agent Value Package
- Training & Education – onsite & online
- National and Regional Website
- Realtor.com – Company Showcase
- Dotloop Paperless Transaction System
- Brand Intranet Site
- Choice of personal agent sites BHHS National and Franchise options
- Professionally manged business Facebook Pages
- Social Media training and mentoring
- Company Blog Platform with Social Media Support
- 24/7 on demand, online training available through brand intranet site
- Relocation Department
- Internet Lead Department
- Recruiting Bonuses
- Affinity Program Bonuses
- YouTube Property Videos
- 3D Virtual Tours for Listings
- Showing Service
- E-marketing program
- Company sponsored free continuing education classes, 15-30 hours annually
- Direct Deposit of your commission checks
- Property Management Division
- Commercial Real Estate Division
For more information about a career with our company, or a confidential interview, contact:
Director of Operations
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Professional Realty
If you are planning to obtain your Ohio real estate license, consider Hondros College of Business. You should also inquire with Kim Luckow about our tuition reimbursement program.