Open Houses Can Attract More Sincere Buyers
FACT: Hundreds of homes in your area are held open every weekend. Only 10 to 15 percent of buyers find the home they purchase via yard signs and open houses as stated by the National Association of Realtors. So you ask, then why do we hold open houses?
There are mixed feelings about open houses
Most common is having hoards of strangers lurking thru your home, nosey neighbors critiquing your décor and you just spent 4 hours walking around the mall to pass the time. Yikes! Just placing signs in the area, an ad in the paper and cookies in the oven will not bring in quality and qualified buyers to your home.
Here are my 6 tips in holding a successful open house to bring quality buyers
Create an event, get the word out and "yell it from the rooftop".
- Team Up - Success in Numbers. I contact other agents in the area and plan a neighborhood open house day. This creates more traffic to your home. When they sign up at the door, I hold a drawing for a gift card at the end of the open house.
- Tag Along- This is a great way to create traffic. I find out what event is going on in the area and from there I direct signs to your home stating the open house date and time.
- Door Hangers - let your neighborhood know that you are having a open house. Maybe old fashioned however ,they can be your best advertising. They may know a friend, family or co-worker that would like to move into your neighborhood. You never know.
- Advertise Everywhere Possible - 90% on buyers start on the web. Web sites, social media, newspaper, grocery store community. I place my open houses on about 15-20 web sites that will draw the most traffic to your home.
- Timing is Everything - Change the time. I dare to be different. Buyers can not view 5 homes at the same time. I hold my open houses at unique times such as 12 to 3 or 3 to 6. If there is a big event such as a football game, I turn on the big screen, bring popcorn and soft drinks to show that this home is a great place to live.
- Picture This - Get ready for your close up. Professional photos and video is of the utmost importance to show the best you home has to offer. I use WOW video on all of my listing. They create a HGTV like video of your home that guides you from room to room with narration to highlight all of the features your home has to offer that photos cannot do alone.