May 2014

Found 27 blog entries for May 2014.

Posted by on

Home Improvement 4 House Value; Mistakes Part Five

Welcome back! Our last discussion we talked about "Roof Goofs" and some of the mistakes home owners, sellers and buyers make shortly after making a home purchase when it comes to roof repairs and new roofing. It's always going to boil down to the length of time you intend on staying in the home.

High Tech House Value Wrecks

This morning, I'd like to share another mistake home owners and sellers are making more and more often (it's not necessarily a bad thing) and that's adding fancy technology. I'm sure you've seen the ads on television about turning off water, locking doors, setting alarms, heating or air conditioning from a smartphone, notebook or other mobile device. This is absolutely wonderful

1,427 Views, 1 Comment

Posted by on

Selling a Home; Less Stress & More Success!

Selling a home can be one of the most stressful things in a persons' life. It is often right up there with death and divorce.

I am here to tell you – it doesn't have to be. Once you have decided that you are going to sell your home, one of the first calls you should make along with hiring a Realtor is hiring a professional Home Stager. I work with homeowners every day walking and guiding them through the process of preparing and staging their home – taking the guessing and stressing out of the equation.

The top tips I tell homeowners when I conduct pre-staging consultations is de-clutter, de-clutter, de-clutter. Some critiques will say that is all a home stager does is to tell you to get rid of your

866 Views, 3 Comments

Posted by on

Building, Maintaining, & Repairing Your Credit Score

According to Geoff Williams with U.S. News, your credit score is the symbol of whether or not you are going to be able to repay a loan. For younger adults, this may give you a good idea of the concept of your credit score, but you still may not understand the significance of it. Let’s put this into perspective.

According to the National Distribution Chart of FICO credit, most of the U.S. population has a credit score of 700 or higher, with 27% of the population having a score between 750 and 799. So let’s say you miss one single payment. This can knock off more than 100 points from your credit score and land you in a very bad financial light where lending rates and fees are high, and mainstream

1,502 Views, 1 Comment

Posted by on

Good Agents vs. Great Ohio Realtors

Ohio Realtors Ohio Realtor CareersA few years ago, when the real estate market sank, it had a positive effect in a few ways (not everything that is negative is necessarily a bad thing). What I am referring to is the fact that people that should have never been a licensed Realtor in the first place were dropping out of the industry like flies. They weren’t able to maintain their business and had to seek income elsewhere. I considered that a a huge plus for the remaining agents as well as for the public as it left mostly pro's in the industry available.

Another positive about the market downturn was the "reality check" on home prices. There were so many areas that had exploded in pricing and those were the first to drop significantly. A lot of those

1,569 Views, 4 Comments

Posted by on

I Love Berkshire Hathaway & Our Ohio Realtors

Hello again everybody, I'll be posting about Home Improvement 4 House Value: Mistakes Part Five later this week, but today, I just wanted to tell the world why I love being a part of this amazing brokerage. Real Estate is my third (and final) career in life, and I've worked for a few brokerages. Ohio Realtors are independent contractors and self employed but must operate under a licensed brokerage.

Ohio Realtors Berkshire HathawayOn that note, I'm glad I ended up here, and I can tell you, many of the same reasons I, as a Realtor, love working here are the same reasons why you would want to work with our Ohio Realtors whether your a first time buyer, selling a home, real estate investor or in need of commercial real estate.

High Tech

1,394 Views, 2 Comments

Posted by on

Ohio Real Estate & Other Housing Markets Improve

Ohio Real Estate Housing MarketWell, I'm happy to report we're seeing a better "balancing out" around the nation with the housing market and real estate sales in general. Existing-home sales actually increased for the first time this year in April, while inventory meaningfully increased and home price growth moderated, according to NAR  (the National Association of Realtors). Monthly gains for home sales in the West and South offset a modest decline in the Midwest while the Northeast was unchanged.

For Ohio, I can tell you that some cities and territories sales improved but overall (state wide) sagged but only just a little bit compared to this time last year. Does that mean it's a bad time to buy or sell? Not at all! Again, I see a

1,089 Views, 5 Comments

Posted by on

In 1962 Grandma Said The Basement Flooded

Grab your cup of coffee, or wine, depending on your mood, or what time of day it is. When your Realtor slaps the Ohio Residential Property Disclosure Form on the table, you realize selling Grandma’s homestead while she’s in the nursing home, may not be the walk in the park you envisioned. Sure, it’s a desirable home, in a fantastic locale with all of the major systems not only updated but serviced on time, but the fact that you have volunteered to be the “go-between” for Grandma and her Realtor is not as simple as placing a sign in the yard and discussing staging/marketing tactics.

Ohio’s Residential Property Disclosure Form is a form your Realtor is NOT required to assist in completing. In fact, it may be the

1,736 Views, 2 Comments

Posted by on

Home Improvement 4 House Value; Mistakes Part Four

home improvement roofingWelcome back! In Part Three we covered the topic "Out Doing the Jones's", and this time we're going to talk about whether or not having a new roof installed would be a mistake.

House Value: Roof Goofs

New roofs really do look nice,  but studies have shown that buyers really don't care about whether or not the roof is new, but do care about whether or not it leaks. Water damage can be very costly not to mention a total pain to remedy after the damage is done and water damage is what they are gong to be looking at. Once again, I feel compelled to remind readers (whether first time buyer, seller or home owner) to consider the length of time you intend on staying in a home, and whether you intend on

1,238 Views, 0 Comments

Posted by on
1,390 Views, 2 Comments

Posted by on

Xenia Ohio Real Estate Comes with Hospitality and Fun

Homes for sale in Xenia OhioHello, back again, and I'd like to tell you about an interesting little Ohio community; Xenia. Now, the name actually means "Hospitality" in the Greek language (how cool is that?) and evident to visitors from all over.  Xenia is now strategizing to increase the local area's "fun factor" as well.

If you've been considering Dayton Ohio real estate, or somewhere in the Greater Dayton Metro area, Xenia should be high on your list of communities. The first thing you'll notice as you roll into town is the quiet historic look and feel rich with charming architectural details and turn of the century public buildings and homes. You'll find quaint little "mom and pop" stores, boutiques and special interest

1,510 Views, 1 Comment